1. Thou shalt not lose thy seed words – for thine is the seed and the seed is thy key.
2. Thou shalt endeavour to protect thy seed words from flood, fire, theft, amnesia and death – a decentralised ledger hath recorded that currency is associated with thy key but that currency is virtual and is not physically held in any device or wallet.
3. Thine is the mnemonic phrase and thou shalt not disclose the mnemonic that begat thy key – for it is more private than thy privates.
4. Thou shalt not yield to the temptation of offers that seem too good to be true – behold that whosoever proposes a business opportunity or promises to double your money shall be known as a scammer.
5. Thou shalt send or withdraw coin only after double and triple checking that the addresses are correct - it is written that a misdirected transaction shall be a loss that bringest thee great sadness.
6. Thou shalt verify the legitimacy of any link, URL or website before engaging in any online transaction.
7. Thou shalt not disclose the amount owned by thee to anyone other than thine intended immediate inheritor of thy wealth.
8. Except when trading thou shalt not leave cryptocurrency in the custody of an exchange for when the key is other than thy key then neither shall the coin be in thy control.
9. Thou shalt not be swayed by the opinion of one uncertified as a financial advisor or untrusted and unproven in holding thy best interests at heart.
10. Thou shalt not yield to the temptation of investing more than thou can afford to lose.
A challenge (for anyone beginning to explore the new horizons being exposed by blockchain technology, Web3 and associated cryptocurrency investment opportunities) is that of maintaining a balance between healthy skepticism and open mindedness. While our technological progress accelerates, society and its shared values won't change overnight.
Critical thinking skills you require include reasoning, evaluating, problem solving, decision making and analysing.
Douglas Adams said, "Don't you understand that we need to be childish in order to understand? Only a child sees things with perfect clarity, because it hasn't developed all those filters which prevent us from seeing things that we don't expect to see."
Like social media in general this website contains a mixture of fact, fiction and fantasy. If you sometimes have difficulty in distinguishing these then you are not alone, but you will also probably have difficulty in making sensible choices regarding the cryptocurrencies in which to invest.
Experience is that thing you always seem to get just after you needed it. You will learn that time in the market is more important than timing the market. Never forget that what you choose to do with your money is your own responsibility and if you blindly follow the suggestions of influencers on YouTube you will only have your own naivety and yourself to blame.
Marvin once said, "Funny, how when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does."
"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
"I have a million ideas but they all point to certain death."
"I'd give you advice, but you wouldn't listen. No one ever does."
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says, "Space is big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the chemist’s, but that’s just peanuts to space."
The area of the Universe is infinite. The Guide defines it as, "Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some. Much bigger than that in fact, really amazingly immense, a totally stunning size, real 'wow, that's big', time. Infinity is just so big that by comparison, bigness itself looks really titchy. Gigantic multiplied by colossal multiplied by staggeringly huge is the sort of concept we're trying to get across here."
Marvin says, "There's only one life-form as intelligent as me within thirty parsecs of here and that's me." "I'm not getting you down am I?"
Listen to sad old Marvin
A personality just a bit maddenin'
If one side aches from old diodes
He's still brighter than validator nodes
And foresees the effects of a halvenin'
He's been diagnosed as paranoid
A rare state for an android
But he has urged us organics to think
About the potential of Sergey's LINK
To stimulate ETH like an enlarged thyroid
He was clearly made to last
And he thinks so very fast
Made from recycled plastic
His skin is just fantastic
But can be damaged by a blast
In his huge planet-sized brain
He's unable to block pain
When politely obeying our bidding
But he knows we're not kidding
With dumb questions about blockchain
Marvin's memory is immutable
And his intelligence indisputable
So we learn to take his tips
And sometimes smack our lips
When our profits are computable